Call for Papers ICL
14th International Conference ICL
"Interactive Collaborative Learning"
Call for Papers ICL Conference
Scope of the conference
This interdisciplinary conference aims to focus on the exchange of relevant trends and research results as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while developing and testing elements of interactive computer aided learning. Therefore pilot projects, applications and products will also be welcome.
The conference will be organized by the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Slovakia in cooperation with Slovenská e-akadémia, n.o.:
- IEEE Education Society
- International E-Learning Association (IELA)
- European Learning Industry Group (ELIG)
- European Distance and E-learning Network (EDEN)
- International Society of Engineering Education (IGIP)
- International Association of Online Engineering (IAOE)
- European Institute of E-Learning (EifEL)
- European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU)
Topics of Interest
- Web based learning (WBL)
- Adaptive and intuitive environments
- Responsive environments
- Semantic metadata for e-learning
- Mobile learning environments and applications
- Computer aided language learning incorporating AI techniques (ICALL)
- Platforms and authoring tools
- Educational MashUps
- Knowledge management and learning
- Educational Virtual Environments
- Collaborative learning
- Applications of the Semantic Web
- Standards and style-guides
- Remote and virtual laboratories
- Multimedia applications and virtual reality
- Pedagogical and psychological issues
- Evaluation and outcomes assessment
- New learning models and applications
- and others
Types of Contributions
- Full Papers (peer reviewed, 20 minutes presentation followed by a panel discussion)
- Short Papers (15 minutes presentation)
- Interactive Demonstrations (15 minutes presentation, also on-line demonstrations)
- Round Table Discussions (work in progress, late papers, doctoral thesis discussions)
- Discussion panels
Other opportunities to participate
- Run a workshop or tutorial.
- Organize a thematic session. Proposals should include a minimum of three papers.
- Exhibit at ICL (projects, products and developments of e-learning technology)
see the Important Dates page.
All accepted submissions will be published in the ICL2011 proceedings (with ISBN).